Our busy lifestyle is one of the major reasons of our health issues. The stress and craving of unhealthy food has changed the way our body functions. We are now more prone to gain weight, to contract infections, and to get sick easily. A healthy diet and active lifestyle significantly reduce the risk of such health related issues. Among all calories burning exercise regimes yoga for weight loss is a relatively moderate choice for those who don’t like to follow hard exercises regimes.
Yoga For Weight Loss
Yoga is the best way to make a connection between the body and the soul and brings accord between the mind and the body. When it comes to heal your body in a holistic manner, yoga is undoubtedly the best choice. According to a study conducted by Alan Kristal, a practicing yogi and medical researcher, yoga indeed helps people lose weight or at least maintains current weight. More details can be found here.
Here are a number of reasons to start practicing yoga for weight loss.
- Stimulates liver function: liver is most vital organ of our body that does various essential functions, and the most important task it does is cleansing and detoxification of the body. It flushes out harmful toxins and purifies the blood. Some yoga poses help in developing the vital functions for its better functioning. Liver can also be detoxified and cleansed effectively with a combination of yoga and liver detox. More about Liver Detoxification.
- Maintains pH levels: acidic pH levels can cause excessive fat to store in our body as a defensive mechanism. It further leads to the deposition and accumulation of fat inside the blood vessels and vital organs. Practicing yoga for weight loss can help maintaining the right level of pH in the body at a secure alkaline level.
- Balances nervous system: weight gain is said to be a major cause of weight gain and it has been proven in many research studies. Practicing yoga for weight loss can balance the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system that is pivotal to relieve anxiety and stress.
- Activate Internal Heat: our body could activate nervous system and create heat internally itself that in turn makes a person feel heated. Some yoga poses stretch system and activates nerves and the heat helps burning fat accumulated deep in our vital organs. In this way, practicing yoga for weight loss is a proven way to activate internal heat.
- Improves muscle strength: practicing yoga for weigh loss further improves muscle strength. There is some yoga poses that require us to remain active along with muscle stretching and compression contribute to weight loss. Because muscle tissues use fat as fuel during physical activity like yoga.
- Improves heart health: Although Cardio and aerobic exercises are good for your health and weight loss, practicing yoga for weight loss is an excellent way to get the heart beat high for short time and then drops it down right away.