Finding a rash on any part of your body can be frustrating yet alarming for u. you began to think that what might be the root cause of it and how it has develop ed. Having a red rash behind ear can either be an indication of common skin conditions or a sign of some serious hidden disease. it is better to be able to have it checked by the doctor so you can get idea of what is it and what should be done to treat the problem. Some common conditions associated with rash behind ear are described below in order to give you an idea of the type of ear rash you have.
Types of Rash behind Ear
It is of great important that you are aware of the underlying condition that has caused this rash to appear behind your ear. These most frequently found conditions will provide you some important knowledge about rash behind ear.
The most prevailing condition associated with rash behind skin is Eczema. This condition is also known as atopic dermatitis which is a chronic condition causing skin to become excessive dry, red, itchy and cracked.
- Contact Dermatitis
Contact Dermatitis is also a common cause of rash behind ear. This condition causes inflammation in the skin that happens after having contact with skin irritants which usually harms the outer layer of skin or if someone is allergic to any particular substance. This condition is quite similar to Eczema because both have same symptoms. Some toiletries like detergents and soaps may also cause this condition.
This condition refers to an infection of the skin that causes circular and red rashes on the skin which is mostly itchy. Fungal spores cause this a rash to develop a rash behind the ear or any other part of the body. These fungal spores spread to other individuals through skin contact and sharing of towels, hairbrushes and bedding. Because of this condition it is quite common to find rash behind ear.
Sometimes Rubella virus causes skin infection which begins with red rash behind ear and makes many small spots that can be red and itchy. A virus transmitted by the respiratory route caused Rubella to develop while it spreads mainly through sneezing and coughing.
- Bacterial Meningitis
This condition is an infection which requires immediate medical attention. The rash behind ear in this condition could be red or purple in color and can lead to further complications if it is not treated well on time.
A viral infection, Measles causes rash behind ear and forehead along with fever. The rashes in this condition are light red in color and appear like tiny spots on the skin.
Treatment for rash behind ear is based mostly on the type of condition you have. Here are some treatment options for common conditions causing rash behind ear;
- For Eczema best treatment option is applying moisturizers on daily basis. Emollients are the best option in this regard which helps fighting with itchiness and dryness.
- Contact Dermatitis is treated with emollients, oral and topical corticosteriodsare to ease rash behind ear.
- Ringworm is treated with antifungal creams which are directly applied to the rash. This condition may also be treated with antibiotics if skin becomes irritated and broken.
- Rash behind ear due to Rubella is treated following incubation period during which a person has to avoid contact with other people. Taking paracetamol and ibuprofen are proven ways to reduce pain and aches developed due to virus.
- Bacterial Meningitis is treated with steps taken to prevent this condition to develop. It is commonly suggested to stay away from vaccines.
While rash behind ear due to Measles is treated with antibiotics as well as home remedies such as hydration, cold compression and gargles.