Chia seed is so family of mint is a flowering plant. It belongs to southern Mexico. Chia means strength and energy, another type of chia known as golden chia. Chia is an herb with purple or white flowers. Chia seed is commonly grown in Mexico and south United States. Chia is packed with omega-3 and some soluble fibers, and an energy booster, plus it has potassium and antioxidants. Chia seeds are on the top of healthy foods on the planet.
Chia seeds as antioxidants protect beneficial fats. They also have some other health benefits. Chia seeds are rich in fiber, fiber does not rise blood sugar, does not require insulin to dispose, so is a low carb food. Because of fiber, it can absorb up quickly, becoming like a gel in your stomach. They are also fed the friendly bacteria in the stomach, and one of the best fibers in the world. They also have a good amount of protein and good balance of amino acids, protein is a friendly nutrient for the weight loss. A high protein food reduces appetite and an excellent for those people who eat less. Chia seeds are a good combination of food and diet for a weight loss plan.
Chia seeds are very high in omega-3. Studies have shown that chia seeds can increase blood levels of ALA and EPA which are hard to convert into DHA which is the most effective fatty acid. But Chia can lower blood pressure and cholesterol in blood. Recent studies have shown that they can regulate the immune system and decreasing the inflammation related conditions. Because of rich in high fiber they can lower the risk of diabetes and maintain sugar level in blood. Chia is high in fiber so they prevent constipation and make a regular healthy digestive system. In this way daily excretion can improve detoxification automatically. You can eat them raw or use them in your yogurt, smoothies, and cereals.
Here are five health benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds provide a huge amount of nutrients as they are considered as a modern times super food proven by recent research.
- Chia Seeds work as antioxidants.
- All carbs in Chia Seeds are fiber because they become gel-like when they are soaked in water and absorb a good amount of water.
- Chia seeds are protein rich even higher than most of the plant foods. When it comes to lose weight, protein has been proved to be the most weigh loss effective macronutrient and can significantly decreases cravings and appetite.
- High in Omega-3 fatty acid, Chia seeds make us able to improve our metabolic health, lowers triglycerides, raise the level of HDL, reduce inflammation and cholesterol, as well as belly fat and insulin resistance.
Chia seeds can be very beneficial for older people as they are high in many important nutrients best of bone health including phosphorus, protein, magnesium and calcium.